Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rude Soria



          I am a modern day Prodigal Son. I spent most of my life wandering and looking for something, but there was never a clear direction I could follow. As I was growing up, I immersed myself into doing good works at church, such as going to chapel and prayer meetings. My heart, however, was never in what I did. Living this obligatory lifestyle created a conflict between what I wanted to do and what I ought to do. As a result, I became a wanderer away from God and a wanderer of life.  
I didn’t like the way my life was going; I didn’t even know where it was going. It was this question of who I wanted to be that led me to God. Accepting Jesus into my heart meant that I would surrender my control into His hands and follow the direction that He leads me to. For once there was a purpose in my life, and I knew that God would change me into the person He meant for me to be. Knowing this made me feel very secure, something I never really felt before.
Jesus has set me free from a lot of delusions in my life; I thought that I was a good person and that my relationships were okay. It seemed that all I did was wander aimlessly before, not knowing where to go next. Now I know that I am messed up and that I need Jesus everyday to guide me through life. I am the Prodigal Son that no longer needs to wander because I am no longer lost; I have returned home to God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment