Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hailey Park



         God is not real. How could you believe in God?...are the kind of things I would've said up until a couple months ago. Last year was a trying time for me as I had hit rock bottom and I also didn't like the person that I was - an impulsive, go with the flow type of person who was always looking for the next "it" thing. While I had an idea of who I would've liked to be, I didn't have much hope for myself to get there. Never in a million years would I have guessed that Jesus would be my answer.

At that time, I had been receiving invitations to church which I avoided. You would think that one would turn to God during their times of distress, but I had totally dismissed that thought. My friends actually started sharing their experiences with God to me, but even then I questioned the validity of their stories. Eventually, it seemed like giving my life to Christ was a good option so that's what I did. But to be completely honest, it was still hard for me to believe in the possibility for a person like me to have God show up in my life. 

Well, turns out I was wrong. I started praying and lifting up my burdens to Christ. In a short span of time, God had answered and proved to me that he was listening the whole time. God didn't have to prove anything to me, but He did because He wanted to. Of course not everything is peachy and perfect, but I trust God and know that things will come together. Slowly, but surely. As for who I am becoming, I used to think that I could never change, until I realized that through Christ, I can! Anything is possible to overcome through Christ who strengthens me and that is just too awesome not to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment