Saturday, August 18, 2012

Matt Lucero



         After I graduated college, there was a lot of uncertainty. I wasn't exactly a go-getter and used to doing things just because it's what I'm supposed to be doing. I went to college, graduated, and now it was time for me to get a job except there was tension between what I wanted and what my parents wanted, whom I wanted to please as well. All I knew was that I enjoy and love music and felt a calling in the music field, but even then I wasn't fully confident enough to connect the dots and make a move.
I had started to explore more about who I am and what my purpose is in life when two crucial moments occurred and directed me to where I am today. First, I had gotten into a car accident in April. In short, I could've died, but luckily the damage was only done to my car. The second moment happened not too long after I had gotten my car fixed - an NBC truck decided to back up into my car. Something clicked in my head and I had felt like God was speaking to me through these incidents. Now, remember how I said I used to do things just because it's what I'm supposed to be doing? One of those things was to go to church except there was no personal relationship between myself and Jesus. These accidents were actually a blessing in disguise and I had actually felt God telling me that he was protecting me.  
The chain of events had ultimately lead to surrendering my life to Christ and forming a personal relationship with him. Knowing that Jesus died so that I can live my life to the fullest and that Jesus' confidence in who he was and security had come from God, I decided to take after his example for my own story. While I know that my parents are looking out for my safety and well-being (which I respect), I believe that through Jesus, God has shown what life could look like at its best. So I have decided and am continuing to pursue music as I believe that is part of the best that God has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment